Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jon Malkin <jm...@apache.org> on 2020/06/09 06:19:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-cpp 2.0.0-incubating-rc4

Hello IPMC and Apache DataSketches Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-cpp version:
2.0.0-incubating-rc2

    NOTE 1: The C++ code provides a header-only library. Compilation
is needed only to build unit tests. A Python extension is also
included in this repository as a set of thin wrappers. That does
produce a compiled artifact, but is not built by default.

    NOTE 2: Compiling the C++ unit tests requires CMake 3.12 or newer.

  A. Results from the PPMC vote:

     - 1 (+1 binding) vote, 2 (+1 non-binding) votes

     - The vote thread can be found at the Permalink:
       https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8297fd16ab52c9fc60ea8d9d6f14f2a3c389f222d4260d09a4f87a37%40%3Cdev.datasketches.apache.org%3E

  B. Testing/actions/votes performed by the voters in the PPMC Stage 1:
    - Furkan Kamachi (+1 binding)
      I checked:
      - Incubating in name
      - DISCLAIMER-WIP exists
      - LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
      - Checked PGP signatures
      - Checked Checksums
      - cmake, make, make test for cpp
      - python wrapper build (tried with python3)

    - Lee Rhodes (+1 non-binding)
      I checked:
      - DISCLAIMER-WIP, LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
      - checked GPG and shasum signatures OK
      - cmake, make, make test OK
        - git.properties are correct (match the vote letter and GitHub):
        - git.branch OK
        - git.commit.id OK
        - git.commit.tag OK

    - Alexander Saydakov (+1 non-binding)
      Checked:
      - gpg signature
      - shasum
      - cmake, make, make test

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-cpp

    Git Tag for this release:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-cpp/tree/2.0.0-incubating-rc4
on branch 2.0.x-incubating

    Git HashId for this release starts with: c51298d

3. The Release Candidate / Dist (Zip Repository):
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/cpp/2.0.0-incubating-rc4/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 38F334CC

4. C++ Test Guide:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-cpp/blob/2.0.0-incubating-rc4/README.md
5. Python Build & Test Guide:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-cpp/blob/2.0.0-incubating-rc4/python/README.md
    - Most python unit tests are written in a tutorial style that can
be followed as example usage:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-cpp/tree/2.0.0-incubating-rc4/python/tests
    - Only python 3 is supported

6. This is the second stage vote:
   - This voting process will remain open for at least 72 hours and
until at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are acquired.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
Thanks,
Jon Malkinjmalkin@apache.org <http://jmalkinapache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-cpp 2.0.0-incubating-rc4

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

What I checked:
* PGP signiture
* checksum
* C++ test tested
* Python wrapper tested

- Evans

leerho <le...@gmail.com> 於 2020年6月18日 週四 下午12:31寫道:

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Malkin <jo...@gmail.com>.
I apologize for the phrasing. My impression is that it's a target with that
as an intended minimum, to allow time for objections even if you quickly
get approvals. As noted in the original vote request, it will indeed remain
open until we have a sufficient number of votes.

(Also, as you'd commented on it last time: We have not yet added an empty
build/ directory. We've only been fixing explicit deficiencies once we
started the RC branch.)

And thank you!

  jon

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jon Malkin <jm...@apache.org>.
A little over 67 hours into what's supposed to be a 72 hour window, we
still have only one vote.

Those who can cast binding votes, please remember to do so.

Thank you,
  jon

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name, all source files have ASF headers
- signatures and hashes are ok
- LICENSE and NOTICE are ok
- No binary files

Regards