Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com> on 2013/12/07 04:31:41 UTC

A Better Model for Generic Types of Cartridges

Hi Devs,

In my view we can identify three generic types of cartridges.

1. Framework Cartridge - Ex.php, Appserver, etc. on which a user would
deploy and application and work
2. Data Cartridge - Ex.MySQL
3. Application Cartridges - Ex. Wordpress, etc. on which you would have a
pre-configured application running.

The names might not sound very self-explaining :)

So according to this a git repository will be required only for the
Framework type cartridge.

For a specific type of cartridge, say for an example PHP, any additional
payload information (if required) can be specified in the cartridge
definition.

WDYT?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: A Better Model for Generic Types of Cartridges

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
+1, added a table with the basic criteria:

    *Generic Type*

*Functionality*

*Git Repository*

*Example *

Framework

Would serve as the base for a user to deploy various applications

Required

PHP

Application

Run a pre-installed application