Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/18 16:26:19 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 5] SHA1 Hash mismatch

Dear Tushar,

The release does not come with SHA1 checksums. We are using SHA512 only
and the checksum files are next to their corresponding zip files.

The SHA1 provided in the mail is exclusively for the README.md file.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 16:26, Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The SHA1 provided in the mail is exclusively for the README.md file.

Do we really need that in future?  Just caused me a double-take too!

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 5] SHA1 Hash mismatch

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
> The SHA1 provided in the mail is exclusively for the README.md file.

That SHA1 confused me too.

The SHA512 for the release artefact seems quite essential. Somebody
changing the artefact can easily update the hash too, but if the hash
is publicly listed in the email then it's almost impossible to change
the artefact so that the hash remains the same...

--emi

http://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!