Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohammed Zabin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 09:26:38 UTC

Design

Hi All

I am developing an online exam site as a graduation project. I have some
questions regardsing the design:

1. In such a program which is a web site that introduce some multiple choice
questions, and shows the result of user answers, DO I HAVE TO USE EJB??

Posted by Pierre Goupil <go...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Learning curve means : the time it will take you to learn a new technology.
While learning it, you're not using it, that's the concept.

And yes, definitely, you should learn to use Spring : it's a kind of an
EJB-like service provider, but a lightweight one. As said, it will help you
code your interface with its MVC framework, amongst other things.

http://www.springframework.net

And, no, definitely you don't need EJB : that's a too heavy-weight
technology for such a project. And the learning curve is far more longer.

You can consider Struts as an alternative to Spring if you are only looking
for a view-layer framework :

http://struts.apache.org/

Regards,

Pierre

--
"Mon horizon était désormais les pétales courbés,
Ma nouvelle demeure resplendissait de flèches d'herbes folles

(Naïmah, le philosophe Fémereif)

Re: Design

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
In learning the spring frameworks, or learning any new technology.

Re: Design

Posted by Mohammed Zabin <jo...@gmail.com>.
What learning curve?

Re: Design