Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 01:34:14 UTC

Extensions for patches accepted by QA bot

During review of
  HBASE-10044 test-patch.sh should filter out documents by known file
extensions
Jesse made the suggestion that QA bot only accepts files with extensions .patch
and .txt

I want to get opinion from the community on this matter.

Thanks

Re: Extensions for patches accepted by QA bot

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I attached patch v2 to HBASE-10044 which would make QA bot accept the 3
extensions discussed here.

Sorry for the delay - was at a conference last week.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted!

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Alright.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I like the idea of being able to target patches at a branch.  +1 if someone
does it. :)

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> Hive QA has a more strict filter, which can also be used to test patches
> against specific branch: "Upload a patch to a JIRA in the following format
> HIVE-XXXX.patch, HIVE-XXXX.XX.patch, HIVE-XXXX.DXXXX.XX.patch
> (phabricator), or HIVE-XXXX-branch.patch (allows targeting a branch)."
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+PreCommit+Patch+Testing
>
> I think it is a good idea... people attach all kinds of stuff to jira
>

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't think that's a necessary filter; it'll still get false-positives
> > like HBASE-1234_design_v1.txt. I'd prefer the automation to be kind and
> > understanding in accepting and evaluating community contributions :)
> > Running failing to apply a non-patch doesn't really hurt anything.
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Over in HBASE-10017, the following attachment triggered a QA warning:
> > >

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12616816/patchSiteOutput.txt
> > >
> > > Should the acceptance criteria include the notion that there should be
> > JIRA
> > > number in the filename ?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > file

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera
// jon@cloudera.com

Re: Extensions for patches accepted by QA bot

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Extensions for patches accepted by QA bot

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for .patch, .txt, .diff