Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/09/08 18:03:26 UTC

Re: Question about obtaining a DOM_Element from a DOM_NodeList

How about:

DOM_Node node = nodeList.item(i);
if (node.getNodeType() == DOM_Node::ELEMENT_NODE) {
   DOM_Element& element = static_cast<DOM_Element&>(node);
   // do something with element...
}

Dave

                    "Lortz,
                    Victor"               To:     "'xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    <victor.lortz@        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    intel.com>            Subject:     Question about obtaining a DOM_Element from a DOM_NodeList

                    09/08/2000
                    11:32 AM
                    Please respond
                    xerces-c-dev

I've got a newbie question that is probably answered somewhere in the
unavailable archive...

What is the best way to convert a DOM_Node object to a DOM_Element object?
I've been doing the following, but I don't like using reinterpret_cast<>.

DOM_Node node = nodeList.item(i);
if (node.getNodeType() == DOM_Node::ELEMENT_NODE) {
   DOM_Element element = * reinterpret_cast<DOM_Element*>(&node);
   // do something with element...
}

Regards,

Vic

Vic Lortz                  email: Victor.Lortz@intel.com
Intel's Architecture Labs  phone: 503-264-3253
2111 NE 25th Avenue        fax: 503-264-3483
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom.  Let not the mighty man glory in
his might. Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; But let him who
glories
glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord,
exercising lovingkindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth.  For
in these I delight. -- Jeremiah 9:23-24