Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/21 08:47:40 UTC

[general][M7] Code base unfrozen?

hi, all:
    After the voting we agree that there are no blocked  issues for M7
now. Should we release M7 and unfroze the code base for Harmony development?

    My understanding is that for M7 release we will need to updated the
news[1] and download page[2] and place the milestone binaries [3] (the
Apache policy requires that released binaries must be signed and are
distributed via mirrors). Right? Do we need Tim's help to sign and
destribute them?

    Thanks.
~chunrong

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/index.html
[2] http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi
[3] http://people.apache.org/builds/harmony/milestones  ( note: this is old
link and now doesn't exist)

Re: [general][M7] Code base unfrozen?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
chunrong lai wrote:
>   I'd like to prepare for release signing.
>   Are there a common way/steps to put the KEYS file and enlarge my
> web-of-trust?

The KEYS file is in the root of our SVN tree [1], and distributed as
part of our downloads in the root of our dist tree [2].

Feel free to add your key in there.  People have different criteria for
signing a key, but a good way to get lots of signatures is to attend an
ApacheCon event and go to the key signing party [3].  If that's unlikely
then approach people and ask them what it would take.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/
[2] http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/PgpKeySigning

Regards,
Tim

Re: [general][M7] Code base unfrozen?

Posted by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>.
  I'd like to prepare for release signing.
  Are there a common way/steps to put the KEYS file and enlarge my
web-of-trust?

thanks a lot.
-chunrong

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.