Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ivo Silva <iv...@movensis.com> on 2001/05/28 13:21:23 UTC

Fault details

Hi:

I want to get rid of the stacktrace soap is including in the fault detail
whenever i throw an exception (I don't want clients to get all that junk).
So i got a couple of questions someone might be able to help me:

   1. What method should I redefine to send something else other than the
stacktrace (first of all, can/should I?)? Is it
            - public void printStackTrace(PrintWriter s)
	    or
		- public void printStackTrace(PrintStream s)
          or
            - public void printStackTrace() ?

   2. After doing 1, can I change the <stackrtace> tag being used?
   3. If i can't do 1 and/or 2, can i disable printing the stacktrace at
all?

Thanks in advanced and best regards,

Ivo Conde e Silva
Technical Department

Taguspark - Edif. Inovação IV, nº 721
Porto Salvo
2780-920 Oeiras - Portugal
E-mail: ivo.silva@movensis.com
Tel.: (+351) 214 220 660
Fax: (+351) 214 220 669
Tlm: (+351) 91 8742703

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
The stacktrace is generated by the DOMFaultListener which is
the default fault listener used by Apache SOAP. You can write
your own fault listener and thereby get total control over
what gets written out.

Sanjiva.

Re: Fault details