Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Piotr Smoliński <pa...@plusnet.pl> on 2005/12/11 23:01:43 UTC

m2: Lifecycle phase binding (integration-test)

Hi everybody,

Are there any possibilities to provide ordering for executions bound to
specified phase?
I would like not to do custom packaging, but use existing one. For
example I'd like to
implement integration-test phase for war (or ear) packaging using goals:
* cargo:start
* surefire:test
* cargo stop

TIA
Piotr Smolinski

ODP: Re: m2: Lifecycle phase binding (integration-test)

Posted by Piotr Smolinski <pa...@plusnet.pl>.
Thanks, it is a very smart workaround. First
I considered extending phase model and use
additional phases such as integration-test-prepare
and integration-test-dispose.

ODP: Re: m2: Lifecycle phase binding (integration-test)

Posted by Piotr Smolinski <pa...@plusnet.pl>.
According to Vincent's solution. (Sorry, I haven't
subscribed list before, so I couldn't reply)

I don't think if using setUp()/tearDown() for container control
is good, because:
1) container state is external to application (and test)
2) we lose benefits of using declarative cargo setup
in POM
3) we have to do additional structure (test case) for
container controling for the whole test-suite

BTW
Is it possible to invoke m2 goal from inside the mojo?
I.e. write mojo that performs cargo:start, some tests,
cargo:stop and bind it to integration-test phase.

Piotr Smolinski

Re: m2: Lifecycle phase binding (integration-test)

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piotr,

I have acheived this in M2 using a very simple lightweight POM for each
discrete task/execution in the integration phase e.g.

+ runtests-integration
     pom.xml   (parent pom, invoking child modules in the order below)
    + rebuild-database
           pom.xml  (antrun)
    + start-container
           pom.xml  (antrun or cargo)
    + runtests-serverside  (junits needing server started as they invoke
remote interfaces)
           pom.xml (surefire:test)
    + runtests-incontainer-tests
           pom.xml (antrun for JUnitEE or Cactus incontainer tests)
    + stop-container
           pom.xml (antrun or cargo)

All plugins above bound to the integration-test phase

I found this approach also necessary, because you can only have one instance
of the antRun plugin for the integration-test phase, therefore you can't use
antrun, then surefire, then antrun again  as the last antrun overrides the
first if they are bound to the same phase.

Pete

src/site/xdoc

Posted by Christopher Cobb <ch...@wfinet.com>.
Where can I find information on what I'm supposed to do in the src/site/xdoc
directory?

Attention:
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity. The information
contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy
any copies.

RE: m2: Lifecycle phase binding (integration-test)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Piotr,