Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com> on 2012/05/06 20:22:55 UTC

Wicket for large user base website

Hi,

I have started to learn wicket framework and I like it a lot. I want to
build a web app for large user base web apps like social networking ones. I
have read that wicket is best for dekstop based app as it is a bit memory
consuming but highly flexible. Does it mean that the application may face
memory problem in future when user base would increase? Is this framework
meant for dekstop like apps but not web apps with large user base? Please
dont mind if my question sounds stupid..

Re: Wicket for large user base website

Posted by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for the reply...actually I haven't looked into the hardware as I
am in middle of application development. Just going through various forums,
people were recommending Wicket for dekstop apps as it is statefull
framework. But as I can see various Wicket websites with high traffic, I
think there is nothing to worry about. Also, memory efficiency can be
achieved by making some pages stateless.

Re: Wicket for large user base website

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Would you mind outlining your site's hardware configuration to support that
load? I'm sure it would be helpful. Thanks!

-Nick

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by kshitiz <k....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.