Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ryan Kennedy <rc...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/06 01:50:06 UTC

replicating extension JARs

Will the built-in Solr replication replicate extension JAR files in
the "lib" directory? The documentation appears to indicate that only
the index and any specified configuration files will be replicated,
however if your solrconfig.xml references a class in a JAR file added
to the lib directory then you'll need that replicated as well
(otherwise the slave will encounter ClassDefNotFound exceptions). I'm
wondering if I'm missing something and Solr replication will do that
or if it's a deficiency in Solr's replication.

Ryan

Re: replicating extension JARs

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
jars are not replicated. It is by design. But that is not to say that
we can't do it. open an issue .

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com