Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Flowers <fl...@social.chass.ncsu.edu> on 2007/06/01 10:53:39 UTC

Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::finish "failing" after upgrade from 3.1.7 to 3.2.0

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting a weird error message that I have never gotten before over
several versions of SA. I just upgraded from "SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
running on Perl version 5.8.8" to "SpamAssassin version 3.2.0 running on
Perl version 5.8.8". Now, my calls to
Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::finish are "failing"; or at least, it
looks like their has been some change in the return values by finish().

I have been running this programming over many iterations of SA and this
is the first time I have run into such a problem.

This worries me a lot because from the docs
(http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_PerMsgStatus.html):
"
$status->finish ()
    If you are using SpamAssassin in a persistent environment, or
checking many mail messages from one Mail::SpamAssassin factory, this
method should be called to ensure Perl's garbage collection will clean
up old status objects.
".

These calls "succeed" as usual:

Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::get_required_score
Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::get_score
Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::is_spam
Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::get_names_of_tests_hit
<Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::finish would normally go here if it
"succeeded".>

Any ideas please?

Joe