Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail <wm...@mail.ru> on 2017/01/11 15:38:43 UTC

Faceted search

Hi,

              I need to implement a catalog facet search (like in online shops). I need to filter by criteria (boolean, enum, range) and:
              1.) Show count of suitable items.
              2.) Hide filters that can't be applied mutually with the specified filters.
              3.) Show (maybe approximate) count of items for each filter, that can be applied.

              All this I need to implement with pagination and without retrieving the whole filtered list of items (opposite - it would be trivial).
              Could you imagine how to implement this using Ignite? Maybe I can use Ignite Lucene index somehow?.. (Facet search is Lucene feature)
              I can create Persistent Store which will write to Solr or ElasticSearch, but I've already used store to persist entities in database and also used Ignite for SQL and Fulltext queries. So I would prefer not to have two different platforms for indexing content.

--
Best Regards,
Mikhail

Re: Faceted search

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail,

From what I here, you can simply use SQL for this task. Is there something
in particular that doesn't work for you?

-Val