Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sc...@e-peopleserve.com on 2002/03/11 14:53:01 UTC

Deploy app to more than one path without creating multiple instan ces. (How?)

I have an app that I'd like to deploy as more than one path:

http://host.com/path1
http://host.com/path2
http://host.com/path3
etc.

But I want them all pointing to the same web app.  When I use web app
deploy:

WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:port
WebAppDeploy path/appdirectory conn /path1
WebAppDeploy path/appdirectory conn /path2
WebAppDeploy path/appdirectory conn /path3

I always end up launching 3 seperate apps.  Is there a way to get it so the
3 paths end up sharing the same app?

Thanks...

Re: Deploy app to more than one path without creating multiple instances. (How?)

Posted by Jean-Luc Drouot <jl...@lussy.net>.
I had the same need for legacy apps.
Even if it is not standards compliant, I made a small patch for
mod_webapp - apache1.3 that adds a WebAppAlias directive:

WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:port
WebAppDeploy path/appdirectory conn /path
WebAppAlias /path/ /path1/
WebAppAlias /path/ /path2/

You can find the source patch and the modified mod_webapp.so on
http://www.lussy.net/misc/WebAppAlias/

Hope this helps ;~)