Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ryan Rhodes <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/30 17:23:42 UTC

J2EE Store vs. JDBC Store

Is the only difference in the J2EE store and the JDBC store that I can
configure the connection for the J2EE store at the application server level?

The higher level features like connection pooling... etc.. don't affect
slide... or do they?

Re: J2EE Store vs. JDBC Store

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Ryan Rhodes" <ry...@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is the only difference in the J2EE store and the JDBC store that I can
> configure the connection for the J2EE store at the application server
> level?

Right (if you are talking about slide 2.0, in slide 1.x was a difference).
The real work is done in the Adapters, which are shared by both stores.
You can configure the JDBC store to use connection pooling too.

Martin