Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/05 15:38:41 UTC

set link analysis score to lucene index

hi,

I found "nutch/index segment/" will invoke
indexSegment.java which does doc setBoost in lucene

It reads initial score from fetchlist and depends on
how many anchor link number it has, it will add weight
to that score and set boost for that page (doc)---I
guess that is the whole idea of adding more weight for
page with higher page rank.

My questions is:

1) Is the initial score from fetchlist for the
previous run? In other word, is it the link analysis
score for the scope of previous run?

2) Should we run DistributedAnalysisTool to get a
global link analysis score instead of per segment
view? Or DistributedAnalysisTool is just for
distributed Nutch system, means multiple servers do
fetching at the same time?

3) DistributedAnalysisTool save its computation in a
DistDir, which program will read it and set score in
lucene index finally?

thanks,

Michael Ji