Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by P Fudd <pf...@binkmail.com> on 2013/02/15 18:48:57 UTC

[users@httpd] How do I get fastcgi to resubmit a post to backend on failure?

Hi!

I've got a perl fcgi application that has some parts that do file uploads.

As the application is under development, I wrote some code that checks the
modification time of all files listed by values(%INC) and
FindBin::Bin/Script, and if something has changed, it sends a redirect to
the browser to resubmit the same request, and exits.  Apache then restarts
the script and handles the redirected request.

This works fine for GET requests, but fails for POST requests, since
browsers redirect POST requests as GET requests, which can't handle large
amounts of data.

Is there any way to tell Apache to handle the situation internally?  If
the application dies before generating any output for a given request,
could Apache restart the application and give it the same POST request
again (once) before telling the client anything?

Alternatively, is there a smart way to reload the perl program without
losing the posted data?

Thanks!