Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ra...@blueyonder.co.uk on 2006/04/06 19:52:12 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Batik - rly slow]

Subject: Re: Batik - rly slow
From:    thomas.deweese@kodak.com
Date:    Thu, April 6, 2006 3:15 pm
To:      rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Yasmin,

      I am sorry but I do not respond to personal e-mails on Batik.
Please send questions to batik-users or batik-dev.

rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 04/06/2006 06:32:21 AM:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I'v almost completed my prototype, but now for some reason, Batik is rly
slowing my processor, because I am rendering Ordinance Survey maps in my
JSVGCanvas, it is rly slow, and when I try to upload new map most of the
time my system just crashes :(   any ideas how i might be able to
improve on this problem, its not going to look good when i do my
presentation :(

RE: [Fwd: Re: Batik - rly slow]

Posted by Javid Alimohideen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yasmin,
when you run your java program, you might have to do something like this:

java -Xms64m -Xmx128m <your main program>

This would make the JVM to use 64MB heap size which can grow upto 128MB.

In windows for running applets, you can go to the JAVA control panel and
choose tab Java and in there you add the
runtime parameters for the installed JVM, for your case the run-time
parameters will be -Xms64m -Xmx512m

Hope, it helps

Javid

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Yasmin.

rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk:

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au
 http://mcc.id.au/			JBR: heycam (at) jabber.org

Re: [Fwd: Re: Batik - rly slow]

Posted by ra...@blueyonder.co.uk.
Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure how to use the Xmx option, can you pls xplain how2?

Thanx

yasmin

> Hi Yasmin,
>
> rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 04/06/2006 01:52:12 PM:
>
>> I'v almost completed my prototype, but now for some reason, Batik is rly
>> slowing my processor, because I am rendering Ordinance Survey maps in my
>> JSVGCanvas, it is rly slow, and when I try to upload new map most of the
>> time my system just crashes :(   any ideas how i might be able to
>> improve on this problem, its not going to look good when i do my
>> presentation :(
>
>    Have you given Batik/Squiggle more than the default Java 64MB?
> Check out the -Xmx command line option.  Java will perform very
> poorly when the JVM is almost out of memory.

Re: [Fwd: Re: Batik - rly slow]

Posted by th...@kodak.com.