Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Akbar Munir <na...@akbarmunir.com> on 2008/05/09 19:11:12 UTC

Adding a partition in ApacheDS 1.5.2

The server.xml file in 1.5.2 is a bit different from 1.0.2. Though I have
copied the sections "<jdbmPartition id="example" ....." and respective
context entry and changed those to reflect my own partition, but still when
I connect to the server, only example, schema and system partitions are
shown and my own partition does not get shown in the root tree. I have not
added section "<property name="contextPartitionConfigurations"> <set> ....."
because in my opinion, it may not be applicable in the 1.5.2 configuration.

What do I need to add to the server.xml file so that my own partition also
shows up in the root tree?

Thanks,
Akbar.

Re: Adding a partition in ApacheDS 1.5.2

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
A little while back the installation footprint and init scripts was altered
to allow multiple instances of ApacheDS to run from the same installation.
So this means you can run any number of ApacheDS instances with separate
databases for the same install.  Right now we only have the default instance
which comes out of the box but users can create more than one instance.

Alex

Posted by Akbar Munir <na...@akbarmunir.com>.