Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by john lukar <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/21 00:11:45 UTC

Embedded HTTP server

Hi,
I am looking for an embedded servlet/web server that
provides a Web interface to a Java application.

This allows my System Admin to be able to get a quick
status of the server health, using a web browser.

I came across only one posting that referenced using
Turbine as such, but in conjuction with jetty.

can turbine be embedded into my server application to
provide such monitoring services using a browser?

anyone using it as such?

Or am I mis-underestanding what Turbine is about.

any info. is greatly appreciated.

John.

Re: Embedded HTTP server

Posted by Simon Massey <si...@hotmail.com>.
If you only need to server a handful of pages to a handful of System Admins
checkin in on your app only very occationally then putting in a full-on
webserver would be massive overkill. If you just want a tiny threadsafe http
server then I would start from here

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Networking/Webserv
er/

which is a very tiny webserver in 451 lines of code.

I hope this helps.

RE: Embedded HTTP server

Posted by Skip Walker <sk...@gossamer-group.com>.
Glue (http://www.themindelectric.com/) Standard addition includes a
JSP/servlet/web server.  It's quite easy to use.  I don't know what your
licensing requirements are, but the standard edition is free for quite a
number of uses.

Skip

RE: Embedded HTTP server

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.