Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Cameron Mann <ca...@cybera.ca> on 2012/01/25 22:05:58 UTC

Switching from localdisk to networkdisk

Hello,

Currently our VM hosts (running ESXi) are setup to use localdisk with the
VM and data store paths on the host itself and the repository path on an
NFS share.  Currently we're looking to switch to using networkdisk instead.
 My first inclination was to see if simply using the old repository as the
new data store would be feasible.  It seems like this would be the case
except for the fact that the vmdk format used to store images in the
repository isn't supported by ESXi.  The obvious answer seems to be to
convert our repository images to the same format used for the data store,
but I was wondering if there was a better solution?

Thanks,
Cameron Mann