Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Benoit BOULANGER <be...@st.com> on 2001/09/14 15:41:17 UTC

Link XML Files, xsd grammar

Hello,

I am working on a project using xml files as repository for data, and
schema to specify
the grammar of these files. I am using Xerces C++ 1.5.0.

As far as I understand, XML files and XSD grammar are linked in xerces
tool
using the noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute on the top level element
of the XMl file.

This way, the data (XML files) refers to the grammar. I don't really
understand
why you choose this implementation. This is pretty constraining for the
developper
and/or user as XML files must be modified when moving xsd files...

To my mind, the link between XML files and grammar should be done when
parsing, i.e.
in the parser constructor or via methods on the parser Object.

Thanks in advance for the time you spend reading my note,

Benoit

 / /___ ___/ // /               Benoit BOULANGER
Embedded Systems Technology     Office : 	(33) [0]4 76 92 68 91
STMicroelectronics              Fax :           (33) [0]4 76 08 96 52
Central R&D, DAIS,
850 rue Jean Monnet,		mailto:Benoit.BOULANGER@st.com
38926 Crolles Cedex, France