Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services)" <sa...@uiuc.edu> on 2008/04/22 18:39:05 UTC

Locked keystore, forgive me I'm just a newbie

 I have managed to mess-up my keystore and now Geronimo(2.1) won't
start. I made the geronimo-default file editable and then I deleted the
entry within it.(Don't ask why, just for fun, I guess) Is there a way to
recover from this?  I added the file itself back to the
var/security/keystores folder but now it tells me that the keystore is
locked.  Am I hopeless or can I restore a few folders from the install
to get back to square one, but leave all the database pools intact or is
there an even better way to recover.

Thanks,

Steven Ashwill

Re: Locked keystore, forgive me I'm just a newbie

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
After you replaced the keystore, you have to undo the effect of deleting the
key-entry and locking the keystore which is persisted to config.xml.  This
is done by removing the gbean element under <module
name="org.apache.geronimo.framework/server-security-config/2.1/car"> which
resets the keystorePassword and keyPasswords attributes to their default
values.

++Vamsi

Posted by "Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services)" <sa...@uiuc.edu>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.