Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gorgophol <ha...@googlemail.com> on 2010/12/14 13:47:25 UTC

Use error to start a new process?

HI,

I'm trying to do the following:

My POM uses the exec-maven-plugin to start an external process.
This is used to install software after the build process created an
installer.
If this process can't finish the installation, my maven build fails.
That is how it should be.

In this case I need to start another process, which re-installs the old
version, so people can do their tests.

Is there any possibility to configure the exec-maven-plugin (or any other
existing plugin) in a way, that I can catch the maven build error of the
install-execute-process and use is as a trigger, that starts the
re-install-process?

Thanks.
Ben

Re: Use error to start a new process?

Posted by gorgophol <ha...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for your answers.
I might try it via scripts.

Maybe I'll find some time for an own plugin later.

RE: Use error to start a new process?

Posted by gorgophol <ha...@googlemail.com>.
Correct.
We use Hudson. But as far as I found out I can only use successful jobs to
start the next or successfull and failing jobs. But not only failing jobs.

RE: Use error to start a new process?

Posted by "Yanko, Curtis" <cu...@uhc.com>.
Sounds like a job for the build management system itself. In Anthill we
can tell job steps to run if the previous step failed.

Curt Yanko | Continuous Integration Services | UnitedHealth Group IT
Making IT Happen, one build at a time, 600 times a day

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
antrun anyone

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.