Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com> on 2018/04/01 14:46:54 UTC

Re: DropDown List Sensitivity

  It has been a while, but you may look into the one I built for Flextras:

https://www.flextras.com/?event=ProductHome&productID=21

  Now with even more open source:
https://github.com/Flextras/FlextrasComponents/tree/master/mobileComponents

On 3/31/2018 1:18 AM, bilbosax wrote:
> After experimenting, I have found that the flatspark DropDownListSkin works
> FAR better than the default spark skin functionally, but I can't get it to
> look even remotely the way that I need.  The color is wrong and can only be
> set to a few defaults, the text is teeny tiny and does not respond to
> fontSize CSS rules.
>
> In a little more detail, if I just flick the dropdownlist up or down, it
> scrolls fine and does not automatically select anything.  But if I touch the
> list and slowly scroll my finger up or down and then lift my finger off of
> the list, it automatically selects where my finger last touched and closes.
>
> Surely someone else has used a dropdownlist on a mobile device.  How did you
> handle this??

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
http://www.jeffryhouser.com
203-379-0773

Re: DropDown List Sensitivity

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
I will look into this and report back to you Jeffry.  Thanks for the
suggestion.  I wish I knew if the problem was in the dropdownlist component,
or in the skin that Flex provides. I almost think it is the skin because the
flatspark skin does not have this problem.  On another forum, someone
suggested that I turn off a listener while the component was scrolling so
that the list can't be selected until after the the mouseup event fires.
This sounded like a brilliant idea.  Sadly, I am very weak at extending and
modifying and overriding in custom components :(