Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martin Ilkerl <il...@festo.at> on 2002/10/02 06:58:56 UTC

XInclude

Hi, it's me again!

One week ago I asked following question:

Actually I'm working with Xerces 2.1 and with schemas.

The xml-document I'm working with should include several files for
verification the complete xml-file.
Those included files will not change (for the moment :-) therefor the
INCLUDE purpose (similar to a c-header file!).

e.g.:
<xi:include href="DACS-BaseClasses.xml" xmlns:xi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

It seems to me, that XInclude is not supported with the XMLParser, so I'm
using following tool for preprocessing:
http://www.xinclude.net/xi/

... this is not very nice, because it should be in the parser.

So, does it exist and I just didn't find it, or will it be implemented
soon!?

Someone can help me know!?

Thanks, Hautzendorfer

HAUTZENDORFER Martin
(vormals: ILKERL Martin)
EE - C
Development Electronic Control Systems

Festo Ges.m.b.H.
Luetzowgasse 14
A-1140 Wien
Tel +43(1)91075-128 | Fax  +43(1)91075-282
EMail: ilkerl@festo.at

Fon:
Fax:

A -

Re: XInclude

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	xinclude is not part of the DOM specifications so it is not
supported in xerces-c.

Gareth

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Martin Ilkerl wrote:

> Hi, it's me again!
>
> One week ago I asked following question:
>
> Actually I'm working with Xerces 2.1 and with schemas.
>
> The xml-document I'm working with should include several files for
> verification the complete xml-file.
> Those included files will not change (for the moment :-) therefor the
> INCLUDE purpose (similar to a c-header file!).
>
> e.g.:
> <xi:include href="DACS-BaseClasses.xml" xmlns:xi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
>
> It seems to me, that XInclude is not supported with the XMLParser, so I'm
> using following tool for preprocessing:
> http://www.xinclude.net/xi/
>
> ... this is not very nice, because it should be in the parser.
>
> So, does it exist and I just didn't find it, or will it be implemented
> soon!?
>
> Someone can help me know!?
>
> Thanks, Hautzendorfer

> HAUTZENDORFER Martin
> (vormals: ILKERL Martin)
> EE - C
> Development Electronic Control Systems
>
> Festo Ges.m.b.H.
> Luetzowgasse 14
> A-1140 Wien
> Tel +43(1)91075-128 | Fax  +43(1)91075-282
> EMail: ilkerl@festo.at
>

> Fon:
> Fax:
>

> A -

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com
Office: +44 (0) 1865 203192