Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Srinivas Reddy <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 08:07:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-374: Add '--help' option to all available Kafka CLI commands

Hi All,

I'd like to start a discussion on KIP-374 which is to add "--help" option
for all the possible CLI commands in Kafka. right now, few commands support
it and few does not. We brings up this KIP to provide consistent user
experience.

More details added in this KIP page(including code changes):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-374%3A+Add+%27--help%27+option+to+all+available+Kafka+CLI+commands

I look forward to feedback and comments.

--
Srinivas Reddy

http://mrsrinivas.com/

(Sent via gmail web)

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-374: Add '--help' option to all available Kafka CLI commands

Posted by Srinivas Reddy <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Colin for the response. Any feedback from others?

--
Srinivas Reddy

http://mrsrinivas.com/

(Sent via gmail web)