Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 07:48:57 UTC

eclipse .classpath file for mahout

I am trying to use eclipse to build/develop on  mahout, and really
don't want to include all those maven plugins. Is there any .classpath
file for mahout which I can use.

thanks,
-Prasen

Re: eclipse .classpath file for mahout

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 04 November 2009 07:48:57 prasenjit mukherjee wrote:
> I am trying to use eclipse to build/develop on  mahout, and really
> don't want to include all those maven plugins.

You don't need to install the maven plugin into eclipse. Just type

mvn eclipse:eclipse

in the project root to generate a ready-to-use eclipse project for mahout.

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: RE: eclipse .classpath file for mahout

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Might be an opportunity to note that IntelliJ's Maven integration works
flawlessly and from the box for me.

And the basic version of IntelliJ is now free.

I think IntelliJ is much superior for other reasons but now that it's not
hundreds of dollars, I would recommend switching, especially those not too
tied to Eclipse.

I think it will make everyone's code effortlessly better and that is good
for the project.

Sean

On Nov 4, 2009 3:55 PM, "Jack Tanner" <ih...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 <8f...@mail.gmail.com>

As long as we're talking about development setups - I tried using exactly t=
he setup that Drew describes=2C but=A0svn diff / update (e.g.=2C Compare wi=
th latest) are really slow=2C at least when one knows what Git can do.
Does anyone have a setup where Eclipse plays nicely with Maven and Mahout f=
rom the Git mirror of svn? I'd love to see that recipe.

> Date: Wed=2C 4 Nov 2009 09:04:18 -0500
> Subject: Re: eclipse .classpath file for mahout
> From: drew.farris@gmail.com
> To: mahout-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> I agree. It is worth installing the Eclipse plugin because it makes it ve=

ry easy > to get the projects setup. > > I use the M2Eclipse plugin from
sonatype: > http://m2eclips...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/ma...
> This automatically creates eclipse projects for all of the 7 modules of m=
ahout=2C
> each with its own .classpath=2C dependencies=2C etc. For me it has been a=

n > very effective development setup. > > Drew
                                        =20
Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.=20
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=3Dw=
l&filt=3D200=2C2400=2C10=2C19=2C1=2C3=2C1=2C7=2C50=2C650=2C2=2C12=2C0=2C100=
0&cat=3D1=2C2=2C3=2C4=2C5=2C6&brands=3D5=2C6=2C7=2C8=2C9=2C10=2C11=2C12=2C1=
3=2C14=2C15=2C16&addf=3D4=2C5=2C9&ocid=3DPID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WW=
L_WIN_evergreen2:112009=

Re: eclipse .classpath file for mahout

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com>.
If at all anybody is interested : All you need to do is run "mvn
install" from top and then add add the respective the src-paths, and
the corresponding jars in  their target/dependency directory.

-Prasen

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Tanner <ih...@hotmail.com>.
 <8f...@mail.gmail.com>

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
I agree. It is worth installing the Eclipse plugin because it makes it very easy
to get the projects setup.

I use the M2Eclipse plugin from sonatype:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/

When I checked out Mahout, I used the wizard found under
'New > Project > Checkout Maven Projects from SCM'
using http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout as the SCM url.

This automatically creates eclipse projects for all of the 7 modules of mahout,
each with its own .classpath, dependencies, etc. For me it has been an