Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Klug, Johannes" <jo...@cgi.com> on 2013/02/27 18:36:04 UTC

Maven plugin - installing features and their dependencies

Hello everyone,

I am looking into auto-generating a Karaf distribution with our software pre-deployed using the karaf-maven-plugin (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT).

The feature file I am installing (via scope "compile") contains this (stripped down):

                                <feature name="my-feature" description="core bundles" version="${version}">
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-core</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-blueprint</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-spring</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-jms</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-stream</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-mina</feature>
                                                <feature version="${camel.version}">camel-mina2</feature>
                                                <bundle start="false">mvn:xxx.myproject/mybundle/3.1</bundle>
                                </feature>

In the auto-generated Karaf distribution, only my bundles are installed, and none of the Camel features my software depends on.

Note that the same features.xml file works when used "manually" through feature:install in a fresh Karaf.

What's the best way to pre-deploy all the features our software depends on?

Cheers,
Johannes

Re: Maven plugin - installing features and their dependencies

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Johannes,

could you elaborate this a bit more?
How does your pom look like, just depending on those features might not be
enough, do you have defined the repositories for those dependent features?

regards, Achim

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead