Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Alexander Alten <al...@databloom.ai> on 2023/02/09 16:46:37 UTC

Re: Asking for advice regarding Open Source contribution

Hi Shivam,

Thank you for reaching out: we always welcome new hands to help us out with Wayang :)

To start with Wayang, the best is to start with our documentation at https://wayang.apache.org <https://wayang.apache.org/> as well as to start playing with it (installing it and writing a couple of programs). Wayang is pretty simple when having some experience with other other dataflow systems (e.g. Apache Spark and Apache Flink). If you are not familiar with such systems, we also recommend you to take a look at them.

Based on your expertise with javascript, a UI for Wayang would be an awesome project! We are working on a debugger, and an UI would be really useful! I’d suggest, pls join the dev mailing list, get familiar with the API’s Wayang is offering and start to build something, we are happy to help and also have fruitful discussion on our developer mailing list!

Last but not least, please register to the community and write us to dev@wayang.apache.org <ma...@wayang.apache.org> so that the entire community can help you with any other question or doubt.

Please let us know if you would like to have a call with us for mode details.

Cheers,
 —Alex

—
Alexander Alten
PPMC Apache Wayang
aloalt@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>

@apachewayang

--
databloom AI, Inc.

3401 N. MIAMI AVE. STE 230
33127 Miami, Florida
United States

--  Please consider the environment before printing this
email --

Disclaimer:
The content of this message is confidential. If you
have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then
delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal
the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this
email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will
not be held liable for any damage caused by the message.

Re: Asking for advice regarding Open Source contribution

Posted by Alexander Alten <al...@databloom.ai>.
Yes, join the mailing list - thats the Apache Software Foundation way to communicate, in our case the whole team of Wayang is in there.

Posted by shivam siddhartha singh rajawat <si...@gmail.com>.