Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Biplob Biswas <re...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/13 14:45:26 UTC

Re: QueryableState - No KvStateLocation found for KvState instance

Hi Hayden,

From what I know, "No KvStateLocation found for KvState instance with name
'word_sums'" is exactly what it means. Your current job can't find the
KVState instance. This could result due to a few reasons that I know of:

1. The jobID you supplied for the queryclient job is not equal to the jobID
of the state creator job.
2. There is a typo in the name either when you are creating the state or
when you are accessing the state.
3. You are connected to a completely different jobmanager and not where the
state is.

There could be more reasons, but these are the ones on top of myhead.

Re: QueryableState - No KvStateLocation found for KvState instance

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

As Biplob said this means that the JM cannot find the requested state.

The reasons can be one of the above but given that you said you are using
the FlinkMiniCluster, I assume you are testing. In this case, it can also
be that you start querying your state to soon after the job is submitted,
so the state is not yet there as the job that creates it has not yet
started.

In this case you can retry the query when it fails until it succeeds
 (assuming that none of the coditions that Biplob mentioned holds). If you
have access to the flink code, you can check the tests in the
queryablestate IT cases.

Kostas