Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bill Klein <bi...@orbit.org> on 2000/12/03 15:47:50 UTC

transcode()

Hi all,

I'm very new to Xerces, so forgive me if this is a silly
question. I notice that DOMString::transcode() returns a
newly allocated string owned by the caller, and that it is
the caller's responsibility to free it. Nevertheless, if I
do:

  char* str = domStr.transcode();
  // ...whatever...
  delete [] str;

The call to delete causes an assertion to be hit somewhere
inside of the heap management routines... Am I misunderstanding
transcode() or is something else going on? I'm using VC++6,
and I'm compiling in debug mode and linking with the debug
version of the library. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Bill Klein <bi...@orbit.org>