Posted to user@pig.apache.org by patcharee <Pa...@uni.no> on 2015/01/20 09:28:44 UTC

IF-ELSE

Hi,

I know that there is no if-else in pig, but is it possible to implement
this logic in some way "if a input parameter is null, skip this filter
operation" ?

IF ($MONTH != NULL)
     data_filter_by_month = FILTER data by month == $MONTH;

BR,
Patcharee

Re: IF-ELSE

Posted by Rodrigo Ferreira <we...@gmail.com>.
Depending on the version you are using you can use bincond operators
(<0.12) or CASE WHEN (>=0.12).

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.12.0/basic.html#arithmetic

Rodrigo.

Re: IF-ELSE