Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Hobson, Neville" <ne...@mentorg.com> on 2004/10/06 17:10:20 UTC

Copy file rather than copy directory

If I copy a directory I create a 'tag' and the files in that tag are at the
same revision as in the original directory.
If I copy a file into a tag directory I get a new revision number on the
file - not the same revision number as in the source directory.
What is different about copying a file to add to a tag as opposed to copying
a directory?
Is there an implication for the size of the repository?

Neville

Re: Copy file rather than copy directory

Posted by Erik Anderson <er...@teamworkgroup.com>.
This difference may be smaller than you think.

While the files in the directory haven't changed during a directory copy (and their "last changed revision" doesn't change), you may notice that the revision number on the directory itself has been bumped up.