Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by gr...@cox.net on 2005/01/29 22:27:04 UTC

Locating a UTF-8 sequence error?

I'm receiving an "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence" error; can anyone tell me how to locate the offending character(s)?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Locating a UTF-8 sequence error?

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
maybe you have accented characters and
what you are looking for is here:
   http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#encoding

Johannes

greg.vaco@cox.net wrote:
> I'm receiving an "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence" error; can anyone tell me how to locate the offending character(s)?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Besuchen Sie uns auf der Hannover Messe 11.-15. April 2005
Halle 2, Stand C14 auf dem MMI Gemeinschaftsstand
www.uidesign.de/hmi2005

RE: Locating a UTF-8 sequence error?

Posted by gr...@cox.net.
Sjur --

Thanks for this tip, it worked out really well.

-- Greg

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.