Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Demetrios Kyriakis <de...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/22 16:41:32 UTC

Minimum dependencies?

Hi,

What are the minimum library dependencies that are
required by DDLUtils to work?
(of course without the dB drivers, since this depend
on the used database(es)).

In the often mentioned article:
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/db_ddlutils.html
all the *.jar files from the /lib/ are supposed to be
used, but
e.g. the hsqldb-1.7.1.jar file is not needed.
Maybe there are other jars too that are not required
(only in the development process of DDLUtils)?

I would like to know what are the minimum required
jars for the following usage scenarios:
1. Just using the API, so no ANT tasks.

2. Using the ANT tasks, but having ANT installed and
properly configured on the system where those tasks
are supposed to be used.

Thank you,

D.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Minimum dependencies?

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/06, Demetrios Kyriakis <de...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What are the minimum library dependencies that are
> required by DDLUtils to work?
> (of course without the dB drivers, since this depend
> on the used database(es)).
>
> In the often mentioned article:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/db_ddlutils.html
> all the *.jar files from the /lib/ are supposed to be
> used, but
> e.g. the hsqldb-1.7.1.jar file is not needed.
> Maybe there are other jars too that are not required
> (only in the development process of DDLUtils)?
>
> I would like to know what are the minimum required
> jars for the following usage scenarios:
> 1. Just using the API, so no ANT tasks.
>
> 2. Using the ANT tasks, but having ANT installed and
> properly configured on the system where those tasks
> are supposed to be used.

Yep, you're right, Hsqldb is not really required at all, I'll remove it ASAP.

Here's the list of relevant libraries and what they are used for:

Main libraries:
--------------------

Core libraries:
  commons-lang-2.1.jar
  commons-collections-3.1.jar
  commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
  commons-digester-1.7.jar
  commons-betwixt-0.8-dev.jar
  commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

When reading/writing binary data from/to XML:
  commons-codec-1.3.jar

For some platforms (e.g. Oracle):
  jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar

For writing data read from a live database to XML:
  stax-api-1.0.jar
  stax-1.1.2-dev.jar

Libraries additionally necessary for the Ant tasks:

For accessing the database:
  commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar
  commons-pool-1.2.jar

For the DumpMetadataTask:
  dom4j-1.4.jar

All other libraries in the root and the libraries in the build-only
sub folder are only required to build DdlUtils, but not to run it.

Tom