Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by go...@osmosis.gr on 2003/10/07 01:04:18 UTC

[ANN] othello project

hi people

we publish our approach of using cocoon to build all these small to medium
web sites in greece as a project with the name othello

web site

http://othello.osmosis.gr

the currect version is BETA and we have a BIG TODO list

also "work in progress" is this web site too

Othello

The idea
-a project that can easy build small to medium web sites using apache cocoon.
-the project must be template-based and able to be reused leaving the
 sitemap.xmap untouched.
-sitemap.xmap must be a "black box" that implements as many cocoon
 capabilities as possible.

---stavros

Re: [ANN] othello project

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.
hi stavros,

after a long discussion within our project team about that template íssue,
we decided to use struts for the controller, velocity for our htlm pages and
cocoon just to transfrom out data into pdf, rtf, etc..
It seems to be inefficient to use cocoon and generate xml out of java beans,
transform and bind data with the html template and produce htlm again.
and also because we use java and have get/setters for all our data and
velocity provides data binding in this way.

however I like your approach and I wish you good luck!

by the way: the sites which are supported by othello (referenced on your
website) have a really nice design!
regards
andreas