Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by "Periya.Data" <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 05:14:35 UTC

moving ec2 to a larger size

Hi All,
    Is there a way in Whirr to increase the size of each node in the
cluster...say from t1.micro to m1.small? Or better yet, selectively
increase sizes of nodes.

Thanks,
PD.

Re: moving ec2 to a larger size

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Right now Whirr can only deploy clusters with a single type of instances as
specified by whirr.hardware-id.

After a cluster is started Whirr allows a user to either run scripts on the
remote nodes or destroy the cluster.

We are working on adding the ability to resize running clusters:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-214

I encourage you to take the lead on adding a feature that allows a user to
specify a
different instance type for each template group. I think we need a new property
like this:

whirr.hardware-id.hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker=m2.xlarge

Start from ClusterSpec.java

-- Andrei