Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Fox, Brian" <bf...@soe.ucsd.edu> on 2009/09/14 18:22:34 UTC

Eclipse, SVN, and qpid

Hi there -

I'm trying to check out the qpid Java code using Eclipse and subclipse (SVN).  I can get the code to work fine but only with a lot of manual project tweaks.  Eclipse likes the various files in one happy directory versus Apache's organization which breaks them up like so:

broker/src/main/java/org/apache/*
client/src/main/java/org/apache/*
common/src/main/java/org/*
ect

Before I write a script to move the source code into one common directory, is there some easier trick I'm missing?  Maybe an ant target?

Thanks for your help,
Brian

Re: Eclipse, SVN, and qpid

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Fox, Brian <bf...@soe.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi there -
>
> I'm trying to check out the qpid Java code using Eclipse and subclipse (SVN).  I can get the code to work fine but only with a lot of manual project tweaks.  Eclipse likes the various files in one happy directory versus Apache's organization which breaks them up like so:
>
> broker/src/main/java/org/apache/*
> client/src/main/java/org/apache/*
> common/src/main/java/org/*
> ect
>
> Before I write a script to move the source code into one common directory, is there some easier trick I'm missing?  Maybe an ant target?

There isn't an ant target, but there are instructions at
http://qpid.apache.org/qpid-java-build-how-to.html

I keep meaning to figure out how to make ant spit out project files
(new target in module.xml should do it), but I haven't found
sufficient to-its yet.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org