Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by ma...@belgium.agfa.com on 2000/09/04 17:29:56 UTC

DOMString

This may be an already answered or stupid question, but here it is anyway
(since the archives don't seem to get working any time soon now) :

why is DOMString in the DOM package ? If one uses the SAX interface, is there a
SAXString or something alike one should use ? Or in other words : how should
one handle strings if he's using the SAX interface. I wrote my own class to
convert the XMLCh* to my strings and use those to compare with char * (in
startElement() and endElement() ), but I feel like doing a job over again...
There should be a better way...

And if the SAX people should also use the DOMString class, my guess is it
shouldn't be a part of the DOM tree, but maybe a more general tree.

Manu.