Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Ta...@hcl.com> on 2013/02/13 13:58:14 UTC

ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema

Hi,

We are working on apache ace and trying to understand the XML Schema of ClientRepositoryAdmin for some requirement.

Is it possible to provide the  xml schema of the ClientRepositoryAdmin repository?

Thanks
Taran

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
I'm no XML schema expert, but this looks okay.

The entities we have in our repositories internally all have a concept of "attributes" and "tags". The idea behind those are that attributes are what makes up an entity (so if we had an entity called Shoe, it might have attributes for "shoe size" and "colour"). Tags on the other hand are things that any user could add to an entity (again, for our Shoe, a tag could be "coolness" to rate how cool someone things a particular shoe is).

So your XML schema might be a bit too strict when it comes to possible extensions (that's where my lack of knowledge of XML schema comes in) because you might find entities in there with tags.

Anyway, I already warned you about future versions and how this could all change. :)

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Venkateshwarlu D <ve...@hcl.com>.
Hi Marcel,

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.