Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 17:10:08 UTC

Re: Facing issue in testing release process of Cordova platforms

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your response. I did checkout  all repos using the coho command
- "coho repo-update -g -r all"

While trying to do plugin tests as mentioned in
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/platforms-release-process.md#1-plugin-tests-with-cordova-mobile-spec-project,
I executed the following command in my windows system:

"node ./cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec/createmobilespec.js --android
--forceplugins"

I got the following error while executing the above command:

"Error: Module cordova-js is not installed at all (direct or npm-linked) in
cordova-lib"

I did install cordova-js and cordova-lib modules but couldn't get away from
this error. Jesse did pointed out that we dont do this test until we make
some breaking changes in platform but just curious to resolve this issue as
we may encounter this error anytime in future.

Let me know your thoughts.

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the response again. Please find my response inline.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:46 PM Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The documented command actually is just
> "./cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec/createmobilespec.js --android
> --forceplugins", without the "node" in front of it. But I am not sure
> if this is correct or just a bug in the documentation.

       *The documented command does not include node but this needs to be
included in order to run the js file in windows OS. As I mentioned earlier,*
*the existing documentation is more macOS oriented.*

> Please reply with the full command you are executing and the full
> output you are getting.

 *Please find the complete error trace on executing the documented command
and command with node in the link - https://imgur.com/a/tLyEWkq
<https://imgur.com/a/tLyEWkq> *

> > I did install cordova-js and cordova-lib modules ...
>
> Where did you run which command exactly to try to fix this?

  *I navigated to the respective folders and executed 'npm install'
command *

> [...]
> > > > >> > >

> https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/platforms-release-process.md

> > > module
> > > installation
> audit
> > > on
> related

> is
> I m
> > > not

> of

> others

> others
> > > !!!"

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Gandhi
> >
> > "The best way to find urself is to lose urself in the service of others
> !!!"

Gandhi

"The best way to find urself is to lose urself in the service of others !!!"

<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=bfa7200c-fb3c-4bdb-927c-0daa8116f6ec>
I’m
protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here — it’s free forever.
<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=bfa7200c-fb3c-4bdb-927c-0daa8116f6ec>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Facing issue in testing release process of Cordova platforms

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.