Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Quartermaine <be...@advancedspatial.com.au> on 2004/12/08 07:19:28 UTC

How do I change my URL so that I don't access it through http://< webpage>:8888 ?

Hi.

I am having trouble setting up cocoon 2 so that I can access my home webpage
without specifying the port number in the URL..

This is causing me problems as my DNS Service tells me that they can direct
my Domain name to an IP address but not the port number. Can any one help
me?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Re: How do I change my URL so that I don't access it through http://< webpage>:8888 ?

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
hi ben

your can

1. put apache at front of your servlet container (tomcat)

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy?action=highlight&value=proxy
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/VirtualHost?action=highlight&value=proxy

2. change your conatiner port to 80.

-- stavros