Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2012/08/20 09:04:55 UTC

creation of a ofbiz ecommerce frontend and backend with a minimal usable functionality.

I hear now from several persons and also in the past that it could be
useful to create a component with minimal functionality for the
beginning ERP user. Later we can add functions which can be activated by
the same ERP user when he has gained more experience. OFBiz core system
and database is intended to be fully compatible with the standard ofbiz
trunk system.

We could also add documentation and development guidelines what is now
much easier because the system (the component) is much smaller and
easier to follow.

Since the OFBiz PMC has decided to reduce the number of components I
have setup a open separate discussion group for this additional
component to separate the discussion from the standard ofbiz discussion.

If you would like to help to define what is  considered a 'minimal
useful' functionality please join the open group at:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Grow-ERP-open-source-ERP-4576897?goback=.gmp_4576897

A first proposal is already present.

Regards,
Hans