Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ivan Yurchenko <iv...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/12 14:38:32 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-917: Additional custom metadata for remote log segment

Hello,

Some interest in KIP-917 was expressed in the discussion thread [1]. After
addressing all the comments there, I'm putting it up to a vote.
Thanks!

Best,
Ivan

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/qpccqd3jy5rzvbt5ngtzo3dg9pzp722y

Re: [VOTE] KIP-917: Additional custom metadata for remote log segment

Posted by Ivan Yurchenko <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

For your information: while developing this, I made a couple of minor
changes to the KIP:
1. `nullableVersions` was added to the `CustomMetadata` schema.
2. `CustomMetadata` was made `null` by default.
3. The same changes as discussed for `RemoteLogSegmentMetadataRecord` were
added for `RemoteLogSegmentMetadataUpdateRecord`.
4. The documentation for `remote.log.metadata.custom.metadata.max.size` was
slightly reworded for clarity.

You can check the diff [1].

I hope this doesn't affect the consensus on this KIP.

Thanks!

Ivan

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?pageId=252513269&selectedPageVersions=10&selectedPageVersions=8