Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Dianne Richards <di...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 19:43:34 UTC

Contents of services/javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider file

In writing test cases for the PersistenceProviderResolver and
PersistenceProviderResolverHolder, I discovered that the current
implementation of the resolver will handle multiple providers specified in
the javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider file. However, I expected just
the first one to be read since the spec says the following: "The contents of
the file should provide *the* name of the provider implementation
class.....", which implies that only 1 name should lbe provided. Should this
implementation be considered a bug, or an enhancement? Comments/opinions?

--
Thanks - Dianne

Re: Contents of services/javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider file

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Looks like more than one are allowed, as defined in the JAR Service
Provider docs (see the *--> in the text below) -

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Service%20Provider

A service provider identifies itself by placing a provider-configuration
file in the resource directory META-INF/services. The file's name should
consist of the fully-qualified name of the abstract service class. *-->
The file should contain a newline-separated list of unique concrete
provider-class names.

-Donald