Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A J <s5...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 21:05:38 UTC

Index build status

Hi
What command gives me status as index is being built. On a CF with
thousands of rows, the index is taking a while. Need to find the
status of its build.

Thanks.

Re: Index build status

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.
For an individual node, you can check the status of building indexes using nodetool compactionstats.  And similarly, if you want to speed up building the indexes (and you have the extra IO) you can increase or unthrottle your compaction throughput temporarily - nodetool setcompactionthrough 0 to unthrottle it.  Default is 16.