Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Walter Rugora <mi...@sudus.eu> on 2012/03/23 07:31:34 UTC

HTML frame alternative to visualise external web-page

Hi there,

I was wondering if I can avoid HTML frames. In my wicket page I'd like
to have a section in which external web-page content is displayed.

If that is possible, can someone please refer to an example?

Thanks a lot!!
Walter

Re: HTML frame alternative to visualise external web-page

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
IIRC InlineFrame was designed similar to the link component.

It seems IPageLink is used only by InlineFrame now, this interface was
formerly used by some link component too.

Sven

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Walter,

I have no idea why InlineFrame is designed this way.
I see Sven is @author of it.
@Sven: do you remember why you made it this way - with Wicket Page,
pageClass and ILinkListener ?

@Walter: please create a ticket. I think this can be improved for Wicket 6.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Walter Rugora <mi...@sudus.eu> wrote:
> Dear Martin,
>
> I got back to your InlineFrame suggestion. I worked a bit on wicket the
> last days and found the posting on the DocumentInlineFrame by Ernesto
> Reinaldo Barreiro. I changed it for my purpose: http://pastebin.ca/2131961
>
> Works great!
> Is there any reason why the Wicket InlineFrame class cannot refer to
> external pages?
>
> Thanks again Martin!
> Walter
>
> On 24/03/12 13:29, Walter Rugora wrote:
>> Thanks Martin,
>>
>> I gave it a go and it works great with static web-pages. Is there a way
>> that the external stylesheets are considered?
>> On another note I tried to use 'include' on dynamic pages as well. Works
>> for some but not for all of them. But I'm unsure what the reason with
>> this is. E.g. the following link creates heaps of trouble.
>> String url=
>> "http://xyzdomain:8080/myService/faces/formViewer.jsp?password=mxZeSdo8Vi4i3Oj316t9ywJZc9U=&userid=buyer&taskid=12.1:A_3"
>> Works fine when directly invoking with a browser, but not in Wicket:
>> add(new Include("include", url);
>> In fact the remote server complains about the missing user id. If I swap
>> the password-value pair with the user-value pair the remote server
>> complains about a missing password.
>> So, I'm wondering if the 'include' command actually cuts off everything
>> after the first key-value pair before sending the request?!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Walter
>>
>> On 23/03/12 21:52, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>> Check the examples at http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/compref/
>>> There you can see them in action and there is a description what they do.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: HTML frame alternative to visualise external web-page

Posted by Walter Rugora <mi...@sudus.eu>.
Dear Martin,

Posted by Walter Rugora <mi...@sudus.eu>.
Thanks Martin,