Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Schley, Joerg-Peter" <Jo...@t-systems.com> on 2003/05/21 14:46:36 UTC

Ressource.properties file not found, using jboss

Hi!

I tried to set up an RessourceProperty-File for use in my Web-App.
I tested it with Resin and it worked fine.

But now i want to use it with the JBoss-Application Server and i always get an "javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key message"-Error.

When i try with an old version of JBoss (3.0.4 instead of 3.0.7) everything works fine.

I put the Web-Application into an Web-War-Archive which is put into an Ear-Archive together with some ejb-stuff:

app.ear
 |- ejb.jar
 |- web.war
      |- test.jsp
      |- WEB-INF
           |- classes
           |    |- Ressources.properties
           |- lib
           |    |- struts.jar
           |- web.xml

web.war:
--8< snip ---
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>application</param-name>
    <param-value>Ressources</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
--8< snip ---

test.jsp
--8< snip ---
  <bean:message key="message"/>
--8< snip ---

the key "message" has an value in Ressources.properties

--
Jörg Peter Schley
T-Systems