Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kent Murra <ke...@remitly.com> on 2017/10/19 17:58:29 UTC

Improving Javadocs

Does improving Javadocs require a JIRA or should I submit as a hotfix?

In particular, I find the Javadocs for RichFunction.open and
RichFunction.close a bit too sparse since it doesn't give a lot of
information on when open and close are called and where (task nodes vs
application driver), and it'd be beneficial for users to elaborate.

Re: Improving Javadocs

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
The problem with that is that simple hotfix PRs are sometimes not noticed (at least by me). My workflow is roughly:

 - scan every "Jira Issue created" mail
 - "watch" those that I find interesting/important
 - monitor mail on the "watched" issues and react if necessary

I don't have a stream of opened PRs that I monitor.

With this I would notice a Jira issue being created for "Improve Javadoc of RichFunction", I would monitor it and then also see the open PR and probably merge it.

But that's maybe just me.

Best,
Aljoscha

Re: Improving Javadocs